Sunday, August 12, 2012

gathering and bundling.....





Early in the morning I go gathering. Into my basket I place juicy, crimson, Oregon grapes, lavender, daylilies, and crabapples. A small, lacy cloth is then covered with my bounty, rolled up tight, and tied into a bundle. I dip this into a cauldron of strong, black tea, soak it through, then place it in the sun to dry. When the bundle has dried and mellowed, it is unwrapped....to behold the gentle, delicate colors of the morning.  Smelling of sunshine, radiating softness, the lovely cloth will remind me forever...... 

8 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

This is just gorgeous. The colors are so fresh and delicate as you said. Lovely. Oma Linda

donna baker said...

Would be beautiful folded into a triangle and worn as a shawl.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Susan:
This is simply lovely. And how very original [and clever of you]. The colours are absolutely magical, so soft and alluring.

drollgirl said...

ooooh! so fun!!! i want to dip things into a cauldron! this serves as a reminder to dye a skirt and top that i am not too fond of, in the hopes of improving them! :)

Cloudia said...

A preserved experience!



Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
<(-'.'-)>

> < } } ( ° >

> < } } (°>

><}}(°>

rjerdee said...

Do you need to do something to "fix" the colors? In other words, are the natural colors permanent on their own or do you need to cure them so they won't fade when washed?

Fashionistable said...

I was wondering what was going on as I scrolled down. I thought the 3rd image down was a walking stick with an animals head. Amazing what you can do with what you find in nature. Xxxx

Cobalt Violet said...

you rule. that looks amazing.
Can you wash after?